Thursday, 5 January 2017

The Begining

I have been having an ongoing problem with my hair. For many years I have explored, and still am exploring a range of different hair products, protective styles and treatments to try to improve the condition of my hair. However, I am still facing constant damage, breakage and fall out which has become a BIG problem.

To start with, I come from a very mixed background but I don't have that typical beautiful "mixed race" hair that has lots of volume. Growing up, even my mother struggled to deal with my hair. Especially with the fact that she has thick, wavy Asian hair, whilst mine has always been a big ball of frizz, not to mention she just was not good with hair to begin with.



With much regret this is not a picture of what my hair looks like now, this was taken FOUR years ago, but this is what I would like to get my hair back to. This is all my hair and this was taken during the harsh British winter where dryness and frizzy, damaged and just plain weathered hair is expected for me. As you can see my hair did have a natural curl pattern, this was literally me washing my hair, putting in little product and allowing it to air dry. In my opinion it was quite flat, I will never know if that was due to the product I was using at the time or if that is how it naturally fell.


As I didn't really know what to do with my hair, I used to switch between using oils such as Alma(an Indian hair oil), to using Fantasia IC Pure Tea instant oil moisturizer. Switching between the two worked really well.  In the space of just TWO years I have managed to destroy my hair with dyes and heat damage, to having almost completely lost my curl pattern. I have tried many different methods over the years to help "promote" natural curling, but I know this is going to be a long process.

Here I will he sharing my hairs journey to recovery!

This is not a "how to" blog (Just a quick disclaimer). This is me trying to figure out what actually works, especially for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment